Monday, March 5, 2007

photo sharing...ON A PHONE???


Photo sharing over the phone
. Who would have thought that you would be able to send a picture to other people over the phone. Since time has passed we can do many more things than just send a photograph. The thought of this realating to the blog topic in general hit me this evening when a good friend of mine sent me a photo message from her phone to mine. She sent me a picture message that was a self-portrait of her laying back. The text below the picture said "I hate school...I mean love it... -NIC-." The overall message is very simple; simple picture and short simple text. It feels even more personal than a simple text because there is a picture of her from moments before you recieved the message. Most times it seems that she sends me pictures when she is in some sort of emtional state; Frustrated with homework, tired from studying, happy or even sad.

As I sit back and think, several of my friends and i used to send photos to each other over the phone. Most of the time is was random pointless things that we came across that day. It usually brought a smile to our faces when we were feeling blue.

This i feel is some of the best evidence of the power and impact photographs have on people. If something as simple as a snap shot with a camera phone can change a persons mood; what kind of change could we create with a ten story tall screen that rotates through a series of images depicting peace?

No comments: